A cocoa tree has many potential benefits, every part of a cocoa tree starting from the seeds, the leaves, stem, etc is important.
Aside from the fact that it is the main ingredient in chocolate, it is a famous plant that is rich in essential vitamins and minerals that benefit the health.
It serves as a powerhouse of antioxidants, phytochemicals, and minerals. Also, cocoa is available in many products, we can have it in form of beverages, as bars of chocolates, we also have cocoa powder and many others.
Cocoa, as well as its products, is very popular throughout the world. The health benefits of cocoa include the following;
1. Cocoa contains antioxidants that aid cardiovascular health. These antioxidants give us protection against certain diseases that pose threats to life such as stroke.
2. Eating cocoa also protects us from free radicals that include cancers such as prostate cancer.
3. Another important health benefit of cocoa include its ability to lift us from depression, cocoa is a natural antidepressant.
4. Also, consuming cocoa or any of its products is good for the heart, it gives us protection from heart diseases. It helps us lower bad cholesterol ( LDL) and also increases the good cholesterol ( HDL) in the body.
Magnesium is another element that we can find in cocoa and it is vital to good heart health, it also helps reduce the risk of blood clots.
5. The consumption of cocoa also helps in maintaining a good blood pressure which is important to the health.
6. Cocoa also contains enzymes like serotonin, dopamine, and phenylethylamine (PEA) and this help to promote positive mental health.
7. Consuming cocoa can also help us to boost energy and we can also lose weight by taking cocoa.